- Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) Post-Graduate Foreign Scholarships Programme 2022/2023 for Nigerians
As part of NDDC’s Human Resource Development Initiatives, the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) is embarking on Foreign Post Graduate Scholarship Programme to equip Niger Deltans with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the local content programme of the current administration as well as compete globally in various professional disciplines. The scheme is for suitably qualified applicants, with relevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degrees from recognized Universities in the following professional disciplines:
- Agricultural Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Information Technology
- Management Sciences
- Hospitality Management
Applicants must possess the following:
- First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class-Lower division for those wishing to undertake a Master’s Programme.
- Applicants must have gained admission for a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines above, in a Foreign University.
- Applicants who have already enrolled in overseas Universities are NOT eligible to apply.
- Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s Community/Clan.
- a) Member of National Assembly/State House of Assembly
- b) Chairman of LGA
- c) First Class Traditional ruler
- d) High Court Judge
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered.
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service Corps (NYSC).
- All the applicants MUST come from the Niger Delta Region.
- Application must be made on-line at the Commission’s website: (www.nddc.gov.ng) with the following attachments:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government Identification Letter
- Post Graduate admission letter from a recognized Oversea University. Relevant degrees from recognized Universities.
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
- Successfully completed application form will be assigned a registration number automatically.
- Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference.
Also Read: Funding Opportunities for African Businesses
- All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website (www.nddc.gov.ng)
For further enquiries, please contact:
Director of Education, NDDC
All completed applications must be submitted on October 30th, 2022 from the date of publication.
Application Deadline: October 30th, 2022
- The Global Resilience Partnership (GRP) Social Media Contest 2022 for Students and young professionals ( $1000 USD Prize)
The Global Resilience Partnership (GRP), through The Resilience Knowledge Coalition, is hosting a social media competition in the lead-up to the Resilience Hub at COP27.
What are you and your community doing to build resilience to the impacts of climate change?
- Are there any innovative solutions in your community?
- How are you accelerating climate action in your community?
All entries must:
- Address a challenge in your community/country in relation to the impacts of climate change;
- Provide opportunities for building and enhancing resilience in your community.
Please submit either of the following
- 30-60 second visual or audio entry of any format (120 mbs): short films, interviews, documentaries, poems, songs, etc.
Please provide subtitles with all video and audio entries, provide English translations of entries not submitted in English or French, and provide a script of your entry to ensure the content is translated properly.
- A series of photos telling your story.
- Submit an entry to stand a chance to win $1000 USD, be showcased at key GRP events, and have your work displayed on all the social media channels.
- Students and young professionals are welcome to submit visual and audio entries that depict what they and their communities are doing to tackle the impacts of climate change.
How to submit:
- This contest is for the youth at heart and open to all the countries except Crimea region of Ukraine, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria;
- Social Media: Entrants may submit their material by posting on Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, TikTok or an unlisted YouTube link. Be sure to use the following hashtags: #COPResiliencehub and #Art4Resilience
- Google Drive link: Entrants may submit material via Google Drive. Please grant email@example.com access to all links. Please remember to add your name and country as the name of the drive folder.
- WhatsApp: Entrants may submit audio and visual materials via WhatsApp. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to make a submission via WhatsApp. Please remember to fill in the form that you will be sent in order to submit, and add your name and country to your file.
- Submit your entry early to increase your chances of getting featured. Submissions will be reviewed daily.
Application Deadline: 16 October 2022.
For More Information: Social media contest ahead of COP27|#Art4Resilience – Global Resilience Partnership
3. Uncap funding for early-stage founders (50,000 Euros in funding)
Uncap is now accepting applications from early-stage founders for the 2022 investment cohort.
- Registered as Limited
- You run a registered limited company in Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, or Nigeria
>10,000 EUR yearly revenues
- You have generated at least 10,000 EUR in the last 12 months
- Operational for 12-48 months
- You are beyond idea stage, but still early in your journey
- Well kept accounts
- Well-kept records of accounts, permits and licenses allowing you to operate
- Potential to scale
- Your business model can be scaled, i.e. grown regionally, or nationally
- 10-50k EUR
- Uncap invest between 10,000 – 50,000 EUR to cover your early-stage funding needs.
- Uncap has built a data-driven algorithm for decision making to eliminate biases & human decision making.
- Uncap purchase shares in your company that you buy-back based on the growth of your revenues.
- No collateral, Uncap doesn’t ask for any collateral.
CREATE YOUR ACCOUNT
Provide a few details on your business, invite your Co-Founders and you are ready to get started.
FILL IN YOUR APPLICATION
Complete all the steps of the application process. These will be a mix of tests about yourself, your business skills and financial insights. You might invest a day, but this is the only steps to go through, before we will make a decision on investment offers.
RECEIVE YOUR OFFER
If you are shortlisted, we will conduct a comprehensive appraisal of your business. The better structured your business operations are, the easier it will be for you to go through this process.
JOIN OUR NETWORK
Once you sign your investment contract, you will get access to your individual dashboard with helpful analytics, and join our growing network of entrepreneurs.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
For More Information: Uncap – We invest in your entrepreneurial potential
- ExxonMobil Graduate Internship Program 2022/2023 for young Nigerian graduates
The ExxonMobil Graduate Internship Program offers recent Nigerian graduates the opportunity to gain invaluable industry experience in a world-leading engineering company. From day one of your internship, you can expect to apply your knowledge and experience in a real business setting. You will be given opportunities to prove yourself and gain valuable work experience, skills and knowledge through challenging assignments. You will also receive on-the-job training, mentoring and coaching by your supervisors.Finally, an internship with ExxonMobil will show you what the world’s leading petroleum and petrochemical company is like from the inside.
- Applicants to this program must be Nigerians with Degrees in Nursing.
- Must have graduated with a minimum grade of Second Class, Upper division (2:1)
- Must have completed the National Youth Service Corps scheme (NYSC) after 2020 year.
- Must be self-motivated and energetic with good leadership, teamwork, analytical and communication skills.
- Must have Basic Life Support (BLS), Advanced Life Support (ACLS) certification and current Practicing Nursing license
How to Apply
To start your application, click ‘Apply’. Your application is complete only when you receive a confirmation email.
Ensure to upload the following documents:
- A cover letter indicating your internship availability period
- An updated resume
- Academic Transcript showing CGPA
- Degree Certificate showing class of degree and date of graduation
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate
- Valid Government issued means of Identification bearing a clear picture of your face (e.g International passport data page, Voters card, National Identity card, Driver’s License).
Application Deadline: Unspecified
- Ingressive for Good Women in Software Development Scholarship
According to a 2022 global software developer survey , female developers make up only five percent of all respondents, demonstrating the male-dominating reality of software development jobs. The tech industry has a staggering gender imbalance and a lot of that comes from the software development arm. Ingressive for Good is partnering with Stutern to close that gap 1000 women at a time by giving them access to software development training for FREE.
The software development scholarship comprises of core skills including:
- Frontend Development
- Backend Development
- Mobile Development
- Software Testing
The program is virtual and beginner-friendly with real-life projects. Beneficiaries would also be able to connect with like minds to ensure collaborative learning and growth. It’s also an opportunity to expand their network as they build valuable relationships while learning.
Application Deadline: September 21, 2022
For More Information: 1000 Women in Software Development Scholarship – Ingressive For Good
- Nigeria: 2022 Punocracy Prize for Satire (N50,000)
The Punocracy is seeking entries for the third edition of the Prize for Satire.
Punocracy is a community of young writers of satire in Nigeria to encourage free speech, promote critical thinking, and spread political consciousness.
The purpose of satire has been rightly stated as to strip off the veneer of comforting illusion and cozy half-truth, and their job, as I see it, is to put it back again!
The objective is to make satire a widely accepted and understood tool of socio-political commentary in the country and to kindle the fire of interest in the genre. In short, they are on a mission to improve satirical literacy and create a safe space for writers and lovers of satire.
- Grand prize: N50,000 and certificate.
- Consolation runner-up prizes: Books and certificates.
- Applicants should be Nigerians aged between 15 and 30 years as of November 2022.
- Only one entry is allowed per person.
- Also, the entry must: Be written in English and saved in a .doc format.Be anything between 300 and 1500 words.Not be plagiarised in part or in whole.Not be jointly authored or created.Not have been previously published.Most importantly, be satirical.
- Judges are looking for great works of satire, and by definition, this includes articles that creatively deploy wit, irony, sarcasm, and/or ridicule in criticising faults. Entries may take the shape of prose, drama, news, poetry, a speech, a bill, a letter, a manual, a prophecy, an essay, an advert, or even quasi-scriptural passages. Whatever works for you really. There are also no restrictions on topics.They, however, encourage that the selected topic is approached in a way that will make the work relevant for an extended period.
- Kindly note that by entering for this prize, you agree your article or artwork can be used by Punocracy and may be published in the public domain via electronic or printed media.
Application Deadline: 16th October, 2022
For more information, visit:
- Newly announced Project Grants for Grassroots and Social Activists – Gender Disparity, Child Poverty, Social Issues
The Niwano Peace Foundation (NPF) is seeking applications for its Activity Grant Program.
- Peace is the desire of all humankind.
- Many people in many nations are working unstintingly to bring it about. In spite of this, enormous problems still exist. How best to handle them is the task facing them today.
- The causes of obstructions to peace are manifold, ranging from those involving the individual, the family, the local community, and the nation through problems involving nature and the environment. It is no overstatement to say, however, that the way human beings themselves live is the root of these problems. In times like these, a religion that teaches peace and tolerance has an important role to play.
- Based on these considerations, the Niwano Peace Foundation promotes interreligious understanding and cooperation. It also strives to strengthen cooperation among people actively making continuing efforts, in a religious spirit, to achieve a peaceful society.
- The Foundation does not support any specific religious group. Respecting the uniqueness of all religions and embracing the spirit of tolerance, it aims to build a world of peace and coexistence. The Foundation makes grants in order to actively encourage activities undertaken in the spirit of religious principles grounded and conducted in such a way as to invite broad social participation.
The grant amount which one applicant can apply for will be up to 1,000,000 Japanese Yen. (For foreign applicants, the grant amount which one can apply for will be up to some USD equivalent to 1,000,000 Japanese Yen).
Also Read: Funding Opportunities For African Businesses
Fields Eligible for support
Social activities based on the spirit of religious principles
- Social activities based on the spirit of religious principals are defined as those undertaken for individual and community welfare and peace, both physical and spiritual, based on the spirit of religious principles that emerge from reverence for God, Buddha, or other universal spiritual reality.
- In particular, these include peace-making activities related to education, volunteer work, development cooperation, environmental protection, human rights or the social problems of aging societies done in the spirit of religious principles which transcend religious boundaries.
Grass-roots activities deployed in a local community
- Activities to vitalize local communities through interdisciplinary workshops and meetings with particular emphasis on collaboration by groups and individuals from diverse organizations and religious groups. It is expected that local communities will come up with some new values with an independent mind.
- Examples would be workshops and outreach programs to inspire people to think about how people living in faraway countries are related to their own lives, or to encourage development of local activities in which people “think globally, and act locally
- Practical activities, short-term or long-term, directly related to peace building.
- Activities which stimulate activities not only in one’s own field but as well in other fields and can be creative and pioneering models for realization of peace.
- NPF also pay attention to the following points:
- Activity should be specific and target serious issues in society.
- Activity that approaches the problem using innovative and effective methods.
- Outcome of the activity has sustainability and has a broad impact, and those functions are built in as a system in the activity.
- Activities undertaken for the benefit of a specific religious group.
- Activities based on or for the advancement of a specific political ideology.
- Activities for profit.
- Activities the purpose of which is holding conferences only as such.
- Projects for which the applicant’s primary intention is to publish the results of activities. (This does not apply to past grant recipients.)
- Grants are not scholarships as such, and are not to be used as financial support for Study abroad.
Issues of particular interest to the NPF this year
- This year, the NPF is particularly interested in activities that address the following issues while meeting the “areas of focus”.
- Migrants, Refugees and Internal Displaced Persons (IDPs)
- Gender disparity
- Child poverty
- Initiatives by religious organizations and believers to address social issues (including the use of religious facilities)
- Effective use of technology
- Of the total number of projects to be granted, approximately half will be the projects addressing these issues.
- However, the projects to be granted are not limited to activities that address these issues.
- An application may be made by either an individual or an organization.
- Nationality is not a criterion for eligibility.
- Any group which has been in continuous existence for a reasonable length of time is eligible to apply, whether or not it is legally incorporated.
Application Deadline: 22nd October 2022
- Student Research Grants: Travel and Project support up to a limit of £5,000
The Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) is currently accepting applications for Student Research Grants to support postgraduate students around the world who are studying fisheries science.
Projects must have the objective of studying some aspect of environmental improvement, performance or best practice in relation to a specific fishery and the MSC Fisheries Standard.
The Student Research Grant was formerly known as the Scholarship Research program.
Travel and project support up to a limit of £5,000. Funds can be used for travel, accommodation, essential fixed assets (up to £250 to cover essential assets such as a computer, software etc.) and the hire or purchase of essential equipment, however, cannot be used to cover salary costs.
What kind of projects will the SRG fund?
Projects must be no longer than 12 months (or up to 18 months in exceptional circumstances) and linked to Performance Indicators within the MSC Fisheries Standard in relation to a specific fishery.
Projects within scope of SRG include:
- Data or information collection needed in the fishery partner to address gaps raised in an improvement or client action plan.
- Research to improve understanding of an ecosystem component interacting with the fishery partner.
- Research to improve information available on the target species in the fishery partner.
- Research and analysis to support documentation that might be required by the fishery partner to demonstrate its performance against the MSC Fisheries Standard.
- Applicants are advised to speak to the fishery, ITM Project Manager or FIP implementer to find out information on improvement actions that can benefit from research support. Details of such contacts can be found on MSC’s Track a Fishery database (for certified fisheries) and Fishery Progress (for non-certified fisheries).
- Current Master’s or PhD students of fisheries science (or undergraduates who have secured a postgraduate position and will be in post by the time of the project). Integrated Master’s students are eligible to apply during their final year only. The fund is open to students worldwide.
- Projects must have the objective of studying some aspect of environmental improvement, performance or best practice in relation to a specific fishery and the MSC Fisheries Standard. The fishery must be MSC certified, in the ITM Program, a stage 4 pathway project fishery, or a comprehensive FIP. For information on eligible fisheries or to confirm the status of one.
Application Deadline: 5th December 2022
- The Next Economy Core Life Skills Training Program for young Nigerians
The Next Economy empowers youth in Nigeria, Mali, Somaliland, Somalia to unleash their talents, build their confidence and hone the skills they need for a successful career in a job or as an entrepreneur. To accommodate the diverse ambitions of young people entering the labor market, together with local partners Next Economy offers different programmes.
The Core Life Skills Training: it’s all about communication skills, how to present yourself, team-work and self-reflection. The training will help you succeed in the job market. After these training you can select to go further in Employability Training or Entrepreneurship Training.
Nigerian youth between the ages of 18- 35 and resident in Lagos
Application Deadline: October 10, 2022
For More Information:
10.Bloomberg Engineering Recruitment Programme 2022 for Nigerian Students & Graduates.
Bloomberg Engineering Accelerator Bootcamp 2022 in Lagos, Nigeria.
Bloomberg Engineering is recruiting software engineers for internships + full-time roles in their London Office. Bloomberg recruiters would be in Lagos, Nigeria to provide insights into #techatbloomberg.
- You’ll participate in Coding + problem solving workshops to prepare you for technical interviews.
- You should have a strong understanding of data structures + algorithms to apply.
- If you are a student from any Nigerian University in your Penultimate or Final year or a Graduate with a few years of experience in the tech industry and with a strong understanding of data structures + algorithms, then you should take the Hackerrank test
Event DateOctober 17, 2022 10:00am – 7:00pm (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Bloomberg Engineers and recruiters will be in Lagos, for a full day of events!
Please complete the form to express interest in attending the event on October 17,2022. Once you complete the form you will be asked to complete a HackerRank assessment by Friday, 30 September.
Candidates selected will be invited to attend via email.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2022
For More Information, visit: https://bloomberg.recsolu.com/app/collect/event/sF0vBQmjwruBE_XT3q3XjQ