Funding Opportunities For Businesses In Africa
- 2022 Nigeria Off-Grid Energy Challenge
The United States African Development Foundation (USADF) and All On invites start-ups to participate in the 2022 Nigeria Off-grid Energy Challenge. This challenge will provide up to US$100,000 in blended finance to each selected enterprise.
- Up to US$50,000 will be provided in the form of convertible debt from All On.
- Up to US$50,000 in grant capital provided by USADF and the Rockfeller Foundation through the All On Hub for each selected company.
To apply, visit www.all-on.com/the-all-on-hub
- 2022 D-Prize Proven Poverty Interventions
D-Prize is calling for entrepreneurs who can design a new business or deliver a proven poverty intervention at scale to participate in the 2022 D-Prize Proven Poverty Interventions. The most promising teams will be awarded up to $20,000 USD to launch wherever extreme poverty exists.
- Applicants must be aspiring entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world.
- Applicants can be of any age or background.
- Existing organizations applying to D-Prize should have operated for no more than 18 months and raised no more than $30,000 in outside funding.
To apply, visit https://d-prize.org/
- Elevate: Helping News Businesses Thrive Program
The International Center for Journalists (ICJF) calls for applications for the Elevate: Helping News Businesses Thrive Program. Elevate, ICJF’s news business hub, is a mind-changing global program focused on helping C-level journalists who are running small and medium-sized media outlets develop their business skills so that their newsrooms can become sustainable and grow.
The initiative will help participants by supporting their development in four tracks:
- Business Strategy
- Operations and Finance
- Technology and New media
- Communications and Marketing
Who should participate?
Elevate is right for you if:
- You are an executive in a small and medium-sized media outlet (C-level) and fully dedicated to it.
- Your media outlet has been active for at least two years and has at least two people on staff.
- Your media outlet has at least one active revenue streamline.
- You are 100% focused on finding ways to turn your media outlet into a sustainable initiative.
- You can easily point out at least one business problem your outlet faces today.
- You are ready to commit to an eight-month program and dedicate up to four hours per week to it in the first two months and one hour per week in the last six months.
For more information, visit https://www.icfj.org/elevate
- Grants for Achieving Adaptation to Climate Crisis without Neglecting Anyone
Agorize is seeking applications for achieving adaptation to climate crisis without neglecting anyone.
- 15,000€ Cash Prize
- Mentoring and Expertise
- Resume review and interview for all selected teams.
- Any individual aged eighteen (18) years and /or with full legal capacity.
- This challenge is not open to employees and representatives of the Sponsor and Agorize and the members of their families.
For more information and how to apply, visit https://www.agorize.com/en/challenges/team-up-for-climate/pages/challenge?lang=en
- Small Business Grant Program
The Spoonflower is accepting applications for its Small Business Grant up to $1,000, to support handmade business owners worldwide and at all stages of development.
- This Grant Program is open to residents of any country, with the exception of residents of Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Myanmar/Burma, Syria, Zimbabwe and/or any other countries with US sanctions in place, and is void where prohibited by law.
- Grant Program is open only to persons who are 18 years of age or older as of the application deadline.
- Applicants must have plans to launch a creative small business in 2022.
- Previous recipients of the grant and non-profit businesses are ineligible.
For more information, visit https://www.spoonflower.com/en/small-business-grant
- 7th CFPs for Agricultural Insurance Projects
The InsuResilience Solutions Fund (ISF) has established a separate window specifically for climate risk insurance products complementing climate smart agricultural practices and promoting biodiversity with its 7th Call for Proposals (CSA window). The ISF provides grant-based co-funding of up to EUR 2.5m only to consortia of Project Partners consisting of public and/or private organizations.
For more information, visit https://www.insuresilliece-solutions-fund.org/call-for-proposals
- Norrsken Impact Accelerator Program 2022
Applications are now open for the Norrsken Impact Accelerator Program 2022 to bring together a global collective of entrepreneurs and investors in Stockholm, Sweden. This program targets pre-seed to early-seed startups that leverage technology to create and scale innovative solutions to new and old societal and environmental challenges.
What you Get?
- $125K investment
- Unicorn Mentors
- Top Investors
For more information, visit https://www.norrskenimpactaccelerator.com/
- BATN Foundation Farmers for the Future (F4F) Grant 2022 for Nigerian Agripreneurs (16 million in cash prizes)
The Farmers for the Future (F4F) Grant is an Agricultural Entrepreneurship grant designed to support young people with viable Agri-Business with equity-free capital and other associated support they may require to scale their businesses.
The project is an initiative developed and sponsored by the British American Tobacco Nigeria Foundation (BATNF) in partnership with NYSC and implemented by Fate Foundation. It is targeted at currently serving National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) members-as part of BATNF’s drive to encourage and support the youth in sustainable agriculture.
- 16 million naira in cash prizes
- Linkage to financial institutions and investors for follow-on financing and/or credit facilities.
- Winners will get technical support to establish their agribusiness.
- Participation in an intensive “Think-through-your-business” boot camp.
- Mentorship under seasoned entrepreneurs and Agric Experts.
- Membership of the F4F alumni network.
- Participation in the partner-drive training programs.
- Support with business registration & other legal & regulatory requirements.
For more information, Visit the Official Webpage of the BATN Foundation Farmers for the Future (F4F) Grant 2022
- CBN Creative Industry Financing Initiative
The Creative Industry Financing Initiative (CIFI) is a scheme developed in collaboration with the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) to provide access to long-term and low-interest financing for entrepreneurs in the creative industry, including Fashion, Music, Movies, and Information Technology.
- Must be a Nigerian with business domiciled in the country.
- Must have an existing business in the creative industry.
- Or a tech company engaged in the creative industry.
- Or a student of higher learning engaged in Software development.
- The business must be in any of the verticals: Fashion, IT, Movie production and distribution, and Music.
To apply, visit https://www.gtbank.com/business-banking/sme-banking/loans- advances/the-creative-industry-financing-initiative
- Africa’s Young Entrepreneur Empowerment Nigeria (AYEEN)
AYEEN attracts and engages more than 25,000 entrepreneurs from the 36 States in Nigeria and the FCT with diverse businesses/ideas in various sectors of the economy who are screened yearly and several hundreds legitimately empowered with grants, mentorship, hardware, training and loans.
- Empowerment and funding for smart business ideas.
- Mentorship, training and gear for entrepreneurs.
- Empowering and showcasing Nigerian entrepreneurs.
- Beneficiaries must be Nigerians who reside in the country.
- Must be 18 years and above.
- Have a dynamic business idea, or have an already established business.
Visit the official portal of AYEEN via https://ayeonline.org/ for more information.